Thursday, July 11, 2013

On the Road

We just hit the road on our first vacation on Spring Thing (only the most awesome motorcycle in the world!). It's a trip to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Long awaited for both of us, for me it's a slow ride along Rt. 30, the Lincoln Highway; for the Silver Knight, a first visit to the battlefields and a ride along a less-travelled road.

Gettysburg isn't new to me. My uncle Sib lived there for many years. I visited there often as a child with my grandma and sister. As an adult, I travelled there on my own, spending time with my uncle and cousins; it was a quiet home away from home.

Now I am traveling there in a whole new way, with a wonderful man, living to ride and riding to live.

~ Springer Queen



The cats will miss us. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment